If you want to ship a car off the Island, the process is as follows.
- Go to the shipping company and either get a letter or dock receipt from them as proof of a vehicle being shipped off-Island
- Then go to the DVDL and terminate registration of the vehicle, surrender the log book, coupon and licence plates
- Go to Customs and then fill out a vehicle export form. They will review your entry and either approve or deny it.
- If approved, take this form over to Customs and they will then process the document.
- You can then arrange the shipping of the vehicle with a freight forwarder or one of the shipping companies.