If you think hiring an interior designer is an expensive luxury that you can’t afford, then think again. A good interior designer is worth their weight in gold and will, more often than not, save you money in the long run, especially if you’re new to decorating and renovations.
Just some of the benefits of hiring an interior designer are:
- Training and Experience – A designer can take the reins on the project, will foresee problems and ensure everything is done on time, on budget and as per your vision. Even if you can’t hire a designer for the whole project, consider having a consultation with one.
- Creativity – While you may think you know your likes and dislikes, an educated, skilled designer knows what questions to ask and what to look for in a client’s life story to glean details about personal tastes that can be used to create your dream.
- Established relationships – Designers have close working relationships with subcontractors on-Island. They’ll know who is right for your project and who will offer the best value for money.
- Importing Furniture – They can coordinate deliveries and budget accurately for shipping, duty and other miscellaneous costs so there are no surprises. Also a designer will know which vendors are the most reliable.
- Space Planning – A designer can help choose correctly proportioned furniture for your space. This is particularly important when ordering furniture from overseas which cannot be easily returned.
Some architectural firms also have in-house interior designers, as do several construction companies.