Hiring an interior designer doesn’t have to be an expensive luxury. More often than not, a good interior designer will save you money in the long run, especially if you’re new to decorating and renovating.
Just some of the benefits of hiring an interior designer are:
- Training and Experience – A designer can take the reins on the project, will foresee problems and ensure everything is done on time, on budget and as per your vision. Even if you can’t hire a designer for the whole project, consider having a consultation with one.
- Creativity – While you may think you know your likes and dislikes, an educated, skilled designer knows what questions to ask and what to look for in a client’s life story to glean details about personal tastes that can be used to create your dream.
- Established relationships – Designers have close working relationships with subcontractors on-Island. They’ll know who is right for your project and who will offer the best value for money.
- Importing Furniture – They can coordinate deliveries and budget accurately for shipping, duty and other miscellaneous costs so there are no surprises. Also a designer will know which vendors are the most reliable.
- Space Planning – A designer can help choose correctly proportioned furniture for your space. This is particularly important when ordering furniture from overseas which cannot be easily returned.
Some architectural firms also have in-house interior designers, as do several construction companies.