About Synergy Chiropractic and Physiotherapy
Live Life Better.
At Synergy Chiropractic & Physiotherapy, they believe that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts: wellness of the body builds wellness of spirit.
Synergy Chiropractic & Physiotherapy uses a patient-centered approach to healing that is founded on manual therapy, natural body kinetics and evidence-based therapeutic techniques. Each practitioner has their own unique skill set, providing patients with a range of treatment styles and research-based techniques. When combined, this skill set produces a greater effect for patients.
Some specialities include:
- Active Release Technique (ART) is a movement-based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
- Manual Therapy is a hands-on technique including massage and joint mobilizations.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation is designed to decrease dizziness and vertigo, improve ability to stabilize vision, and retain aspects of postural control due to vestibular dysfunction.
- McKenzie Technique is used to treat a variety of neck and back pain problems.
- Kinesio Taping is a type of rehabilitative taping to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction.
- Manual Lymph Drainage is the drainage of the accumulation of fluid in one or more limbs.
- Myofascial Release is the gentle manual therapy technique that specifically targets the facial tissue.
- Therapeutic Massages include: Medical Cupping, Gua-sha, relaxing Hawaiian Sacred Lomi Lomi, Swedish, Sports, Myofascial Release, Lymphatic Drainage, Deep Tissue, as well as Shiatsu.
The team consists of:
- Dr Eddie Fernandes, DC (Chiropractor)
- Dr Patricia Farrell, DC (Chiropractor)
- Dr Jennifer Doull, R.Ac, TCMD, FABORM (Acupuncturist, Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Fellow with the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine)
- Ms. Andrea Janovics, R.Ac. (Acupuncturist)
- Ms. Clare Miller, PT, MSc. (Physiotherapist)
- Ms. Jennifer Hilldrup, PT (Physiotherapist)
- Ms. Lauren Williams, PT (Physiotherapist/Paediatric)
- Ms. Christine Cleaver, RMT (Massage Therapist)