Where visas are required, they must be sought and obtained prior to travel.
Contact the British Embassy or Consulate with a visa office nearest to you or visit our Foreign Consulars page to find a consular in the Cayman Islands who can help you.
There is a dedicated visa office within the Workforce Opportunities & Residency Cayman (WORC) which was previously called the Department of Immigration. Call (345) 949 8344 or email: Emily.Hurlston@gov.ky. There is also one in Kingston, Jamaica. Call (876) 906 7866/5336 or email: email@example.com.
If you are a Jamaican national and wish to visit Cayman then you must apply for a visa via the Cayman Islands Visa Office, Suite 2, Winchester Business Park, 15 Hope Road, Kingston (just above Halfway Tree Square), Jamaica, tel: (876) 906 5336 or (876) 906 7866.
If you are a Honduran national then you can apply through the Cayman Islands Visa Office, Edificio Carib Local no.203, La Ceiba Atlantida, Honduras, Tel: (504) 2440 1015 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (they are open 8.30am-2.30pm Monday-Friday); or Naviera Hybur S.A. Shipping Building, French Harbour, Bay Islands, Roatan, Honduras, Tel: (504) 2455 7723.
The way it works is that the visa offices in Jamaica and Honduras will accept your visa application on behalf of the Cayman Islands Department of Immigration, and forward the papers to them. Once the Caymanian authorities have made a decision on the application they will advise your respective Cayman Islands Overseas Visa Office, who will inform you. Your application will be decided on the basis of the application form, and any supporting documents. It is important that you make sure that you have completed the application form fully, and have included your contact details.
The cost of a visa is US$112.20 or CI$92 and all payments must be payable to the Cayman Islands Government. The application takes two weeks to be processed and can take longer depending on the time of year.
In order to apply for a Cayman visa you will have to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least six months validity remaining, and enough space to insert a visa. Your passport will be examined at the time of your application and relevant sections will be photocopied but it is not necessary for you to surrender your passport
- Two fully completed and signed application forms. Download an application form. Please check that you have completed the correct form – ‘Application for Cayman Islands Visa’.
- Two recent passport sized colour photographs, taken on a plain white background, and glued – not stapled – to your application form. The Department of Immigration reserves the right to direct applicants to a professional photography service.
- Job Letter
- Bank Reference
- Children under the age of 18 will be required to produce a birth certificate
- Students applying for a visitor’s visa are required to produce evidence that they are attending school
- The correct fee in the form of a US Dollar bank draft, payable to the Cayman Islands Government.
- Police Record (persons under the age of 18 will not be required to obtain a police record)
- Any documentation not in English must be accompanied by an English translation. The Department of Immigration reserves the right to direct applicants to a recognised translator.
It helps the Caymanian authorities to assess your application if you can show evidence of your personal circumstances, which may include bank statements, evidence of assets or employment. All documents must be originals. They will be photocopied and returned to you.