Moving to university or college can seem very overwhelming, especially when you have no idea what to pack.
Most items will not need to be purchased until the days leading up to
your move in day and you should first check with your accommodation or
accommodation providers to find out what things will be provided and
check these off of your list.
Before you go to university, you should also:
- University registration: Complete your university email set up and pre-registration.
- GP: Register with a GP near or around your area. It is advised to do this online through the GP website.
- Travel plans: Arrange travel plans from the airport to university or from your house to university. This can be as simple as knowing whether you want to take an Uber, Taxi, bus or hiring a car.
- Accommodation: Arrange your accommodation and other household essentials, such as furniture, electricity and internet.
- Budget: Check the cost of living for the area you will be staying to make sure you can live comfortably without financial stress. Having an idea of how much you are budgeted to spend will keep you on track to spending and dorm supply purchases.
- Medication: If you are taking daily medication, ensure that you take at least a three months supply or set up for your prescription to be transferred to a pharmacy nearby.
- Student bank account: Analyse the
available banking options because every banks offers different student
benefits, so we recommend researching the banks and choosing the one
that is suitable for you. It is best to choose a bank that has a branch
nearby in case you need to go into the bank.
Here is a list of essentials needed during your time at university. Below is a list of items that will be needed during the duration at university.
|Identity documents - Passport, Driver's License, etc.
|Visa/ESTA, if needed
|Required documents needed to set up student bank account - Term time address, ID
|University admission acceptance letter
|Shirts - T-shirts, blouses, tops, sweatshirts
|Pants - Jeans, trousers, lounge pants, tights
|Other clothes - Underwear, pyjamas, socks, jumpers, dresses/skirts, gloves, hats/beanie, rain coat, winter coat, gym clothes
|Shoes - flip flops, sneakers/trainers, smart shoes/heels
|Duvet - summer and winter tog
|Pillows and pillow cases
|Bed sheets - fitted and flat sheets
|Small Sewing kit
|Washing Sponge and liquid
|Seasoning and Spices
|Kitchen Roll (and holder)
|Body Soap/Shower Gel
|Toothbrush and Toothpaste
|Shampoo & Conditioner
|Hair brush and combs
|Manicure Set - nail cutters, tweezers, nail file
|Small First Aid Kit
|Razors / Clippers
|Laptop (and monitor)
|USB Memory Stick
|Power Extension Lead
|Mobile phone (overseas sim, if needed)
|Pens and pencils
|Stapler and staples
|Writing pad/composition book
|White tack/Blu tack