About Department of Environmental Health (DEH)
The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) protects the Caymanian public from environmental health related hazards. Through measures and activities including management of food hygiene and safety, laboratory services, district sanitation and rodent control, engineering and developmental control, solid and hazardous wastes including waste collection, recycling and disposal; and public education and promotion programmes, The Department of Environmental Health protects and supports the public.
Services in Grand Cayman:
- Processing of Bonfire applications
- Processing of approval letters for the Importation of Human Remains & Ashes
- Providing assistance with solid waste services for special events outside of normal daily operations
- Provide assistance for community clean-up project
- Collection of residential waste and commercial waste
- Collection and disposal of infectious waste
- Disposal of hazardous waste
- Disposal of dead animals
- Litter collection / Roadside cleaning
- Removal of abandoned motor vehicles
Services in Cayman Brac & Little Cayman:
- Collection & disposal of solid waste.
- Collection of recyclables.
- Public relations & educational activities.
- Inspection of properties and food establishments.
- Investigation of environmental health complaints.
- Rodent control.
- Training for food industry & cosmetology workers.
- Testing of water and food samples.