About Department of Environmental Health (DEH)
The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) protects the Caymanian public from environmental health related hazards. Through measures and activities including management of food hygiene and safety, laboratory services, district sanitation and rodent control, engineering and developmental control, solid and hazardous wastes including waste collection, recycling and disposal; and public education and promotion programmes, The Department of Environmental Health protects and supports the public.
Some Services in the Cayman Islands:
- Processing of Bonfire applications
- Processing of approval letters for the Importation of Human Remains & Ashes
- Investigation of environmental health complaints.
- Rodent control.
- Training for food industry & cosmetology workers.
- Testing of water and food samples.