About Central Caribbean Marine Institute
The Central Caribbean Marine Institute (CCMI) maintains a growing marine research and education facility on Little Cayman with staff based in the UK and across all three of the Cayman Islands.
CCMI’s vision is a world with vibrant oceans and healthy coral reefs.
They aim to make this vision a reality by undertaking cutting edge, impactful research and transforming this research into conservation and education initiatives which will serve to bridge the gap between knowledge and action.
A large party of CCMI's offering is education in the local community. They offer the following programmes:
- School Trips *Scholarships available
- Marine Ecology Courses *Scholarships available
- Scholarships *Scholarships available
- Interneships *Scholarships available
- Summer Camps *Scholarships available
- Young Environmentalist Leadership Course *Scholarships available
- University Programmes
- Reefs Go Live Leaning (Virtual Learning Experience) - Online *Free
- Teacher Resources *Free
They also offer a wide range of events.
Last updated: 23 March, 2023