About Cayman Enterprise City
Cayman Enterprise City (CEC)
The Cayman Islands Government enacted the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Act to diversify economic growth and attract additional foreign direct investment (FDI). CEC is an award-winning development project that consists of three SEZs focused on attracting knowledge-based and technology-focused businesses to set up a physical presence in the Cayman Islands. The zones included within CEC are Cayman Tech City, Cayman Commodities & Derivatives City and Cayman Maritime & Aviation City. CEC enables businesses to easily and cost-effectively establish a genuine physical presence with staff and offices, to generate active business income in the Cayman Islands. CEC enables companies of all sizes to take advantage of investment incentives, unrestrictive immigration pathways, and turn-key office solutions. CEC is home to the largest innovation ecosystem in the region and facilitates over 300 SEZ companies.
Concessions and Reasons to Relocate to CEC
- 100% foreign ownership permitted
- Well-regulated and recognised free zone
- Secure, Efficient and Reliable IT Infrastructure
- No local corporate, income, sales capital gains or payroll tax
- 100% exemption from import duties
- Fast, efficient, and cost-effective set up within 4-6 weeks
- 5 Year renewable work permits/residency visas granted within 5 days
- 5 year residency for employees and their dependents
- A safe, stable British Overseas Territory with robust laws
- Intellectual property owned offshore
- An appropriately business regulated environment
- Excellent service providers to support your business
- Easy access to North and Latin America markets
- Ongoing support offered by CEC’s Client Experience and Global Mobility teams
Eligible Market Sectors
CEC can accept companies and divisions of companies active in these key sectors:
- Internet and Technology
- Media and Marketing (including digital media, film and broadcasting)
- Commodities and Derivatives (including fund managers, investment managers, virtual asset traders, and prop traders)
- Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Green Technology
- Maritime Services and Aviation Services
Why Companies are Establishing in CEC:
Global Tax Mitigation
Companies are using CEC as part of their global structuring strategy, as it provides them with the opportunity to cost-effectively establish a genuine physical presence offshore, which can significantly enhance their competitiveness in the global marketplace and enable them to generate a tax-exempt active business income in the Cayman Islands.
Work/Residency Visas for Staff
CEC enables businesses to immediately re-locate key staff from any country of origin to the Cayman Islands, particularly those that may not be able to get visas for the US or Canada. CEC companies can obtain five-year work/residency visas for personnel within five working days.
Intellectual Property can be held by a zone company and licensed internationally from this tax-neutral jurisdiction. Many CEC companies avail themselves of the benefit of establishing their IP offshore early, as part of their overall business strategy, to maximise the value of this key asset for the whole of the company’s life cycle, avoiding costly migration issues later.
Access to Global Markets
Companies are setting up within CEC and utilising the zone as a catalyst to increase global growth from a tax-neutral location.
CEC’s plug-and-play model allows businesses of all sizes to quickly and efficiently establish a physical business presence in the Cayman Islands within 4-6 weeks. Packages include Zone Employment Certificates (work/resident visas) for staff, Zone Trade Certificates to operate a the business, and fully serviced office solutions, which include everything from data connectivity to janitorial. Thoughtfully designed community spaces and dynamic programming provides excellent opportunities to engage, network and grow your business offshore. For more information email: email@example.com, call (345) 945 3722, or visit www.caymanenterprisecity.com.
You can also click here for more information on Cayman's Special Economic Zone.
- Three Unique Special Economic Zones
- Access to Global Markets