Government Contracted Workers

Any person employed as a Civil Servant in the Cayman Islands (or employed by other prescribed employers, including the Government of the United Kingdom) does not require a formal work permit, and will have appropriate permissions for them (and approved dependents) to live in the Cayman Islands stamped into their passports.

Whilst no Term Limit is currently applied to such persons, they are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence pursuant to the points system, once they have been resident in the Islands for more than eight years. Care must be taken to ensure that any dependant children are able (should they wish) to remain resident in the Cayman Islands in the event that they cease to be classed as dependants on their parent’s Government Contract.