To register to vote, the first thing you must do is check that you are eligible.
As per Section 90 (1) of the Cayman Islands Constitution Order (2009), those who are eligible to vote includes those who are:
- Over the age of 18 years old;
- Is resident in the Cayman Islands at the date of registering to vote;
- Has been a resident in Cayman for more than 2 years;
- If you are under the age of 18, but you will be 18 years old before or on the polling day at election, you too are eligible
Who is Not Eligible?
You cannot register to vote if:
- You are serving a prison sentence exceeding 12 months, or have received a suspended sentence;
- Are considered to be of unsound mind or mentally unstable;
- Have been disqualified from registering due to election-related offences.