American Passports for Babies

If you are a US citizen who recently had a child in the Cayman Islands, you need to apply for a 'Consular Report of Birth Abroad' as well as a passport for your child.

You will need to make an appointment (via email) with the Consular Agency and then complete the application forms which are available on The parents and child must then attend the appointment. Make sure to bring all necessary original documents to the meeting. You may email or visit the office for enquiries, however, but they do not accept walk-ins, so you must make an appointment.

The US Consular Agency has an office in the Smith Road Centre, Suite 202B, 150 Smith Road, George Town, email: [email protected]. They are open Monday through Friday 8am-2pm and are closed on all Cayman and US holidays. For emergency services call (345) 945 8173 or (876) 702 6000 (if after 2pm or during holidays).

Details of what you need to take to complete the passport process can be found on the Visas & Passports page. They do not deal with visas.